Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How to get free hair extensions- get scalped.

I went to Great Clips on Sunday, for a quick cut. I just wanted my hair from boob length to shoulder length, to get the split ends off, and generally polish things up. I was getting a little fuzzy- and as much as I love the 80's, I just don't want to rock a hairstyle from Whitesnake, you know? 
I walk in the door, and an energetic girl with purple hair and a lip ring comes out to greet me. She's gonna be my stylist. Nothing against purple hair, I've had it in highschool quite a few times. I figure, "What the hell? She seems nice, and shoulder length is a pretty hard cut to fuck up." I don't want layers. I don't want dramatic chunky styling. I want my long hair to be less long, because it is summer, and that shit is heavy.
I sit in the chair, we're talking about cookies and how we both like to bake- and 
SNIP.
Oh. Shit. Shoulder length! I said shoulder length! Oh god why do I have a chin length bob?
I think to myself "Ok, it's just hair- maybe she's going to layer it." She didn't layer it. She proceded to cut alllllllll the way around my head, as eight inches of my beautiful curls fall to the floor around me. 
I have a bowl cut. I'm 21 years old, and I have a fucking bowl cut. I look like a fat toddler. 
Now, since I save my scene making for the internet, I kept my composure, paid AND gave her a three dollar tip (not because the haircut warranted it, but because I'm not rude) and walked out the door. I thought, well, maybe it will look good when it dries.
It didn't. Hair shrinks when it gets dry- so instead of chin length- it was at my ears.
What the fuck. I'm going up there again tomorrow, and they ARE giving me hair extensions- no matter how much I have to cry, kick, scream, pinch and bite.
 I look 10 years younger- and when you're 21 and five-foot-four, that's not a good thing. I was asked for my ID to go into a PG-13 movie. I can buy liquor, and since I got scalped, I get carded to go see African Cats? Fuck that.

No comments:

Post a Comment